Janice is a strategic communications specialist with management experience and a track record of providing wise counsel to leadership teams. Janice’s calm collaborative style contributes to her reputation as a safe pair of hands.
Janice brings a wealth of public sector experience and strategic communications expertise, developed over more than two decades as a manager, trusted advisor and consultant. Politically astute and with a nose for risk, Janice supports clients to navigate through challenging issues to find pragmatic solutions.
Janice is flexible and adaptable, able to manage effectively in ambiguous and fast-moving situations and to add value across a wide range of disciplines.
Janice had a diverse background in consultancy and contract work before joining MartinJenkins in May 2016. She has experience and expertise in team and project management, communications strategy development and implementation, stakeholder engagement and consultation, reputation management, and review and assessment of policies, programmes, activities and teams.
Examples of Janice’s recent work include:
• acting manager for an engagement and communications team in a major government agency during a period of change and recruitment
• strategic advice and practical support for consultation on significant change
• supporting the development of a new strategy for a major export sector
• review of effectiveness of leadership communications in a significant public sector organisation
• stakeholder engagement audit for a new private sector business in the transport sector.